Monday, May 17, 2021

PlayerPandemonium: Now in Blog Form


IT'S A NEW DAY, YES IT IS!



Hello, this is what I hope to be a new adventure into my blog. When I started the PlayerPandemonium brand, it was to be a podcast/audio blog about video games. My first episode was a audio episode over the NES game "Kirby's Adventure" where I talk about how it's one of the most underrated NES games out there and stands up with your Mario 3s. I made that episode a little over a year ago now.

Some episodes I would talk about a video game topic, maybe do a list of video games, sometimes I would cover a video game level and talk about that as my subject and so on. I ended up doing 30 or so episodes of the show then kind of hit a brick wall. I liked doing the audio blogs but part of me felt like something was not quite right. So maybe a change of pace of doing a blog like this is what I need. There's so much I want to talk about, I just don't know how to get it out there in a way that I enjoy and that others will also enjoy.

Here's a link to the Youtube page of the audio episodes.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJTUORRXPZNWna_3qTTB3CA


During my hiatus I also thought, why stop at video games? There's other topics that I want to talk about such as cartoon and animation, along with sports, and some other nerd culture things as well. Why stop and limit my imagination? Yes the majority of this blog will mostly be about video games but don't be too shocked if I talk about other things, maybe a movie or something. 

Since this is my first blog post, a little bit about myself. My name is Ethan and I have a degree in Mass Media and Media Production, so I think I have a good understanding how media mediums such as well video games. I just have a ton of memories and interesting stories I want to put down on paper and why not share my thoughts with everyone? That's always been a thing that fascinates me with media, how it makes people tick, how it can bring out so much emotion, love, hate, and other things. Media I think is one of the most powerful things and understanding the beast is never just another day at the office. It excites me and makes me want to understand it more and more.

I'm kind of looking at all of this as kind of a journal in a sense.

Lastly, I'm not looking at this blog as a way to make a quick buck or get a ton of viewership. I just want to type out the ideas in my head and give a little piece of what PlayerPandemonium is all about. I am new at this blog thing but I think I can get it down. Writing is something I'm apparently very good at as I would often get As on writing essays but I never saw it as something I would build a life around, learning about media is much cooler anyways. 

Overall I'm just a nerd with a strange sense of humor and believes that I have a different and interesting outlook on things. What's something only I can bring out. And I guess that's kind of the end goal of this blog. Making content is something I've always wanted to do in some way. I like to create and make something people enjoy. I want to make people happy and in the end I think that's really the goal in life in general. 

Anyway I hope you all will enjoy this journey into the blog universe. It might end up being a massive thing for me but it also might be a train wreck. After all, you miss 100% of the shots you don't take.

I hope to have my first blog review over the Nintendo 64 game, Pokemon Snap, as I was going to do an audio episode in time for the release of New Pokemon Snap but again, I hit a brick wall and never got to record the lines for it. So maybe this new change of content it will be the fresh new start I need in order to be creative.

I'm very excited for this blog and I hope you all will enjoy my ramblings and readings.



No comments:

Post a Comment